Have you got family coming to stay with you over the Festive period like I have? I’ve been working on turning our spare room into a luxury space for our guests to stay so I thought I’d share some of my styling tips.
* A comfy bed is a must, surprisingly as well as carpets, rugs and flooring Carpetright also stock a range of beds, you can choose from from a selection of wooden, faux leather, metal or fabric bed frames or how about updating your existing bed with a new headboard or mattress?
|Rochelle Bed from Carpetright|
* To give your bed a luxury feel dress it with cotton or linen covers in neutral colours add a throw or blanket and a few colourful cushions. H&M home do lovely linen covers in a soft grey.
|Some Bedroom inspiration via my Bedrooms Pinterest Board|
* Whether you choose wall lights, bedside lamps or quirky heart shaped fairy lights make sure your guests can easily reach the on/off switches from the bed.
|Some Bedroom Lighting Inspiration via my Bedrooms Pinterest Board|
* Add a clothes rail to the room for somewhere for your guests to hang up their Christmas party clothes or if you don’t have the space for a rail, a couple of hooks on the back of the door with a few coat hangers is a good idea.
* Finally the finishing touches, add a small posy of flowers to the bedside table or shelf for a sweet welcome to the room. Leave a tray of drinks and snacks for your guests and remember to have an available plug socket free for them to charge their phones/ipads and for plugging in hairdryers!!
Check out my Bedrooms Pinterest Board for more styling ideas.